Monday 1 September 2014

BEBA - 2.5 years old female crossbreed - on death row in Croatia

Hi, my name is Beba (Baby)



I am a full grown girl, around 2.5 years young. 



My story isn't a happy one. I was picked up as a puppy by this nice family, gave me food and shelter and had loved me for a while. I was as happy as I could be, loved to run aroud backyard and enjoyed life. As I grew bigger, they had less and less time to play with me and pet me, they never took me on a walk. I didn't mind that, I had a big backyard to run, jump and play. 



One day my familly decided that is best for me to be on a chain. I've accepted that, "they love me"," they know what is best for me" I was repeating to myself that over and over. I couldn't be mad at them, becouse I loved them so much. One day I saw them pack couple of bags and running all over the yard and the house. I couldn't understand what was going on, then I felt some cold water covering my paws. The air smelled different, I looked around, and I could feel something is coming. My familly ran away, I was crying my heart out for them, but no one turned around to look at me or to let me off the chain. The water was raising fast, I was pacing around my 4 foot chain, but I couldn't take it off. Somehow I've managed to climb on my dog house and looked around. Everywhere I looked, there was water and it was getting higher by the minute. 



I spent the night holding my head up just trying to breathe. By the sunrise I've almost given up, took my last breath and closed my eyes. "That's it for me, goodbye world, I had I good run..." In that moment I heard some strange noise close to my yard and the noise was getting closer and closer. I barked a couple of times and then I saw a big hand taking the chain, and released me from my collar. He pulled me onto the boat, covered me with something warm and took me to safety. I was transfered to shelter who took care for me and 50 other poor souls like me. Every day I watch them go home one by one, happily reunited with their families, I was so happy for them, but I was wondering every night where my family is, where is my happy ending? 



It has been 3 months since the flood. No one called, no one asked. Now I know, they deserted me for good. There is still so much loving in my heart, I want to share, I can give someone so much joy, I know, all people around me know, I hear them say what a good girl I am. I don't mind other dogs, I am well behaved on a leash, I love to have someone's hand on me, I don't mind strangers. Can you spare just a small corner of your heart? I assure you I will love you with all of mine. I have been cat tested and I am okay with them too.




DEFRA compliant for travel
Vaccinated: yes
Neutered: yes
Treated for fleas and worms: yes
Microchipped: yes
EU passport: yes
Age: 2.5 years
Located: Beli Manistir pound